Saturday 21 July 2012

Overground Arts Festival. 21st July.


Today I dived straight into life after the D&AD Graduate Academy by taking part in the overground arts festival. It was a mash of artists from across the UK who came together to paint live, share work and connect with other artists. The work I chose to exhibit was "Our British Lives" http://www.ruthjones.org/#!Our British Lives/cuik

 I had my work exhibited on a wall full of messages and flowers, and to top it of I chose to hang it outside (probably not the best idea exposing prints to direct sunlight...). It is my first outdoors exhibition and it was quite strange working in outdoor conditions.. I had to trust that the weather would stay fine, I had to make sure that there was as little glare as possible in the frames and I also had to keep wiping flies and bugs off the glass. I received some great feedback, people suggestions on post-it notes for where I should shoot next for the project, and I had the chance to chat to a few great people about my work and their own work.

Today was great and there was a wide range of people producing art and presenting their own work. I captured a few photos of the day:


 




















No comments:

Post a Comment