Friday 13 July 2012

GradAcad day 15: Overground, Tate Modern, Candid Portraiture and Jelly Pitching time! 13th July.



Today was quite laid back, I popped into Google Campus first thing to finalise the final few things I had to do for the Jelly Brief... and then I went on a little Tube-Trip (the London version of a Road trip!). I haven't really been on the London Overground before, but I found it quite cool.. it's a bit different to the underground because a) It's overground (doh!) so you get to see all the buildings around London, and b) it's one big train carriage... I decided to photograph all the faceless legs that filled the carriage.  



My Tube-Trip culminated in a visit to the Tate Modern, sadly I didn't find any photographic exhibits (I didn't plan my trip very well!), but I did find a great exhibit by Lamia Joregie. The exhibition was about Objects of War, Joregie created four video documentaries where people who had experienced life within a warzone talked about one or two objects which defined their experience within the war zone. Most of the objects were displayed in cabinets around the gallery. I found this exhibition great and could have easily spent hours listening to all the interviews.




After my visit to the Tate I was itching to get my camera out.. so I decided to to an impromptu portrait shoot... the sitters happened to be unsuspecting victims on and around the Millenium bridge. I am quite happy with the photographs I captured, they were up close and personal.. from shots which looked fashion inspired, to people pulling odd faces as they go through life.. none of my "Sitters" noticed me... but it's a shoot I really enjoyed and will have to build upon in the future!


This is a wall near where I am living at the moment... I believe, It used to be the entrance to a club called The Foundry.. and I believe the building is now occupied by squatters. The wall is interesting as it is updated daily with interesting artwork with anarchist themes... I might try and scratch the surface of the artists behind these works. I only have a week left in London though, so I shall have to see how much contact I can get with these unknown artists.


So, the big GradAcad thing of today was my pitch to Jelly London, as I have previously said the brief was to produce a concept which would promote Jelly moving to The Shard (which sadly, they aren't!). My concept was to create a photo-montage which would be seen as a statement, showing that beautiful architectural buildings do not have to be occupied by grey-suited corporate and financial businesses... but they can be filled with creative agencies.. ie. Jelly! The pitch went well and I received positive feedback for my concept.. I would like to develop it further, but I am not sure if I will be able to due to time constraints! 

Thank you Jelly London!

#GradAcad


The Park Study


I shot for The Park Study this morning (before it started raining!), I found myself becoming curious about the installation with yesterday's weather on... so I researched it to find it's purpose, I found out it was created by Troika and it's purpose is to help people can compare the weather today to how it was yesterday (how very british!).. the piece is updated in real time and will relate to the weather exactly 24 hours ago. 






No comments:

Post a Comment