Tuesday 10 July 2012

GradAcad day 12: The Shard and Bottle Bottoms. 10th July.


I spent the first half of this morning at the Shard, as I needed to do a location RECCE and test shoot before I started working on ideas for the Jelly Brief. The Shard is pretty impressive as it is now the tallest building in Western Europe, it officially opened last Thursday (5th July 2012) with a big light show, but sadly I missed it! The Shard is going to include Office Space, Restaurants, a Hotel, Apartments and right at the top a viewing platform (but tickets for the view will cost £24.50 for adults and £18.90 for children... so not the cheapest view). 

The test shoot gave me a great chance to brush up on my Architectural photography skills, although I currently do not have a tripod in London.. so I couldn't really go to town with the photos! It's definitely a building I want to return to, maybe with the Mamiya and a good strong tripod!






I visited The Shard with Amelie, she's an illustrator who is working on my brief.. I wanted to do some test shooting with a model and I decided to go a bit crazy and cheesy in Lightroom and created a "superhero" version of Amelie and The Shard. 


The rest of today has been spent at my laptop, searching for inspiration through research and creating drafts of work. I have come to a couple of possible solutions to the brief, but I'm hoping to have three ideas by tomorrow as we are having mentoring sessions with people from the industry. 


I made this triptych as I needed to stop thinking about the brief and spend some time taking photos! I noticed that the bottom of my Coke bottle would make an interesting subject and I spent a short time studying how different environments create a different feel to the coke bottle.

#gradacad






No comments:

Post a Comment