Thursday 5 July 2012

GradAcad day 9: Moving Brands brief work, Daniel Blau and The Park Study. 5th July.


So today was spent working in the group to produce a final concept for the brief we were set by Moving Brands. We are pitching our ideas back tomorrow, which is quite exciting! The concept has come together well and now it feels very strong and I am quite excited about the possibilities it has. It has been great working with the group all week as we have been able to bounce our ideas off each other, and without that I don't think the idea would be anywhere near as strong. 




Someone bought a Rubik's cube into the office, so I couldn't resist having a quick break where I tried to successfully solve it. 

But after solving it I focussed back on the task in hand...





So I believe that today was quite successful, feeling calm and prepared about tomorrow's pitch and I am now feeling ready to take on working on a brief alone next week.

This evening I was going for a little bit of a walk around the area, and I happened to stumble upon the opening night of a Daniel Blau exhibition. The photographs in the exhibition were great, from portraits of the queen, to the Loch Ness monster, and then to large mushroom clouds. It was a lovely opportunity to look through some great work.

The Park Study

As promised yesterday, I shot for the Park Study... not just once, but twice! I met a fellow photographer in the park this morning, as he was working on a production project (his second job) within the park. I was naturally curious about the project and he told me that it was to do with the Olympics. I was able to return to the park later on in the day, where it was filled with people, and a number of interesting structures were erected and a large sign stating yesterday's weather was also standing in the park. 




No comments:

Post a Comment