Monday 2 July 2012

GradAcad day 6 - Networking, Mother and Moving Brands. 2nd July.


Today started at Google Campus; we had a briefing about our following week and then we had a meet and greet session with some of the people from Campus. I met a couple of guys who had set up the website Knodium, it is a website which creates communities for educational groups, so that students can interact with each other and students from other universities and courses. It sounds like a great business and it seems to have the scope to expand greatly:


After the meet and greet we had a short session with the Spring Project where we talked about our experience of networking and looked at how we connected with the people. The Spring Project is really great as it is helping me realise how I can communicate with other people more effectively and also how I can retain information effectively. 



During my lunch break I had the opportunity to see one of my favourite pieces of architecture, the Gherkin (Also known as 30 St Mary axe). It's now such an iconic piece of architecture and it is instantly recognisable as a building within the city of London.



This afternoon we went to the advertising agency Mother, where we had a session about insights and finding accurate insights. It was an interesting session with some information which would be transferable to documentary photography, as I learnt quite a bit about how to research and generate ideas relevant to a viewer and subject. 



The board room at mother was pretty great, and there was a massive boardroom table which filled the room, at the side of the room there was a small photograph on an empty wall which showed the former home of the table.


In the evening we went off in groups to receive our first agency briefing, my group went to Moving Brands, which is who our brief is based with. My group contains a wide range of disciplines; from photography (myself), to copy-writing... so it will be interesting to see how we go about working together on the brief. We have 2&1/2 days to finalise the brief at concept stage and then we will be presenting back to a group of people. Sadly I cannot tell you the brief or show any photographs relating to Moving Brands as the group and I had to sign a disclosure promising confidentiality to Moving Brands. 

Moving Brands have designed a few great brand identities and I would definitely recommend checking out their website: http://www.movingbrands.com/


#GradAcad

The Park Study - Update:


This evening I popped by the park to see if there were any photo opportunities for "The Park Study"... sadly it was raining and the park was empty... after waiting around for a bit I left the park and decided to try my luck another time. I don't know if I can shoot for this project tomorrow as I am moving flats, but I will try to fit it in!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Knodium mention Ruth! It was great meeting you guys as well. Hope things are going well in Campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael, it was great meeting you guys! Hope your pitches either went well or go well!!

    ReplyDelete