Wednesday 31 October 2012

Rankin Day 3 & Skater / Stallholder portraits. 31st October.




Today started a lot slower than the previous few, I didn't have to get into the studio till the afternoon due to a shoot in the evening. I decided to utalise my spare time by going into central London. Originally my idea was to spend time at the Skate Park down SouthBank... but it was pretty empty, so I just shot a couple of portraits. I spent some time in Westminster, chatted to a couple of full-time protesters and took photos of stallholders.

I then decided to head towards Camden, it wasn't as vibrant as it can be, but I still got a few interesting shots of the market and town.




When I got into the studio I dived head-first into preparing for the evening's shoot. Out came the hoover to clear the floor, and then came the paint roller to paint the studio floor (It had become very dirty in the past 48 hours!), then we started to set up ready for the shoot. 

The Hunger sign was also completed today by Dom & Jack, two assistants who are currently very involved in the set building/hands on building things! The sign is amazing, and I feel a little bit proud of it as I helped create the sign a little bit.

The shoot in the evening was amazing, we were working with male models.. I rarely work with male models, so it was really interesting to listen to Rankin's directions towards them. I also got involved with the shoot by holding a reflector... I shall be amazing at using a reflector (and no doubt many other things) by the end of these two weeks. 








No comments:

Post a Comment