Thursday 1 November 2012

Day 4 at Rankin & a few night shots! 1st November.


Started off today by being confronted with the rainbow of Colouramas in the cupboard as I had to chop off two pieces for an assistant making props. I then got my painting hands on and painted the large wooden walls which are part of a set for a shoot coming up... I find it amazing how some paint, wooden walls, and a few props can completely transform a white studio into a completely different place.




We had another evening shoot today so the day was spent on set design and preparation for shoots coming up. Late-afternoon was when the test-shoot started; for test shoots we experiment with different lighting situations and composition/poses so that everything is ready for when the shoot starts. 

(test shoot)

It was quite a small set for this evenings shoot, all the assistants/stylists/models packed in around Rankin.. this was a lot different to the other shoots I've been in where we have all been spread out... working so closely in the shoot made it easy to see how everyone has a different role to play and how each role is vital! Tonights shoot was great fun, and once again I was handed the reflector, which was great as I could really watch and listen to how Rankin went about composing the shots and the model. 

Can't believe my first week at Rankin ends tomorrow, it has flown by, I'm really loving it!




So I did go and re-shoot the Station which I snapped on my iPhone, much better now that I've used my Nikon, thinking about doing a short project incorporating these photos during my time in London/possible further.









No comments:

Post a Comment