Sunday 18 November 2012

Magnetic Memoirs. 18th November.


Some of you may know that my Grandad passed away back in April, one of the many things he left behind was the magnet collection that decorated his fridge. My Nanna and Grandad collected magnets throughout their lives, each magnet represents a memory, trip, or something which was part of their lives. I have decided to produce a fine art photo-documentary where I photograph the magnets and then share how they created part of my Grandparents identities. 

I remember these two budgies, my Grandparents used to own two which looked exactly like these... I can't really remember the yellowey-green one as it flew away when I was quite young, but I can remember visiting and seeing the blue one. I was young when the blue budgie died, but I have always wanted to own a budgie... it's probably because of my early experiences of seeing them when I visited my grandparents. My Nanna and Grandad liked birds and often left food outside for them; one winter season my Grandad befriended a Robin and gained its trust so much that it used to come right up to the door and eat out of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment