Monday 29 October 2012

Rankin Day 1. 29th October.


Today I started my two weeks shadowing and assisting at Rankin; first thing I can say about it.. it is AMAZING! I started the day off by being introduced to a load of the team whilst setting up for a shoot which we were going to have later in the morning. I learnt a whole load of new names for equipment which I thought I already knew the names of! It was great watching how the teams set up for the shoots, everything that was on set was there for a reason (that may sound funny, but it is so easy to overcrowd a studio with unnecessary equipment).
When Rankin came in we started the shoot, the whole team worked as a well oiled machine and I feel like I fitted into the team really well (I even did a bit of reflector holding!).

Later on in the day the HungerTV guys started working on a short film. I am always ready to admit that I would love to become better at video, so I am looking forward to spending some time with them over the next couple of weeks.

Haven't been able to take any photos so far due to confidentiality etc... but I can tell you that it has been fabulous!


I have had to learn about a whole new section of the London Transport system, I snapped a couple of shots of the stations on my iPhone, so they are terrible quality... looking back now my DSLR would have been much better to use, so I may re-shoot these station photos....





No comments:

Post a Comment