Sunday 13 November 2011

Remembrance. 13th November.


So today in the UK it was Remembrance Sunday, a day where we honour people who have been involved and still are involved in conflict throughout the world, to symbolise this we wear a poppy. At 11am the nation spends 2 minutes of the day in silence remembering people involved in conflict. I spent the day in London as I was at a Masterchef Live food show, and it was full of people trying/buying/selling stuff and it was quite loud and busy, but at 11am The Last Post was played throughout the building and everyone stopped, stood still and honoured the people involved in war, reflecting on that moment I think that it is absolutely amazing how one nation can just stop for 2 minutes to honour and respect people who have been and are involved in conflict. Moments like this, which are so full of respect make me proud to be British!

I have also been inspired to start developing a project around the idea of remembrance day and people who have been involved or have family involved in conflict, so watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Ruth this photo is probably my favourite of all. I don't know whether you did this on purpose or if it's coincidental but the significance of the 'out' on one ticket and the 'return' on the other is really significant. Being a Military wife I notice things like this, it's the scenario we all hope and pray for when they go away. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, I'm really glad you like it! I didn't intend that, I just used the tickets as I was in London that day... but actually, I really really like your point of view on it! :)

    ReplyDelete