Wednesday 16 November 2011

Noel McGlinchey - Security Guard. 16th November.


This photograph is inspired by Richard Avedon's "American West" portrait series, I took a 5x4 large format technical view camera ( sinar ) into Peterborough and photographed a couple of people who I thought looked interesting, one of them was this man, Noel McGlinchey. I had stuck some white colourama against a wall to serve as a backdrop and got him to stand against it for a portrait. I love the portrait, only shame is that scratch that is on the negative due to the tray developing process. 

I took this photograph last wednesday, but I had only got round to printing it today.. so I think it does count as my daily photo as darkroom printing is a process which finalises a photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment