Tuesday 18 December 2012

A question of Instagram. 18th December.


I am a big Instagram fan; I use it to capture behind the scenes of shoots, travel snaps, the little things in life, and everything inbetween. Now Instagram have changed their policy, they are claiming the rights to sell photographs which belong to the photographer. 

It's not like you are uploading high-resolution medium format images, most photographs on Instagram are under 1MB...so it'at highly unlikely they'll be used on a billboard. 
Anyway we are using this service for free... what in this world is actually free and with no ulterior motive behind it? Users get to use the great Instagram service, but their payment is the content they upload.

I can't claim to be a genius on the subject, but I have read up the new policies and checked out the Instagram Blog... and I don't think I'll be leaving Instagram anytime soon, I'm not completely happy with it... but we all like to believe that we can get things for free without any catches... it looks like the catch has now risen, but it is not as bad as it could be.

A couple of blogs which can help you understand this Instagram issue a lot more:

Anyway, I will get back to my Christmas photographs tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment