Sunday 25 March 2012

Mamyia. 25th March.


So recently I've been shooting with a beautiful beast of a camera, the Mamyia RZ67, it produces slightly larger than medium format negatives (6x7), so pretty great for landscape and portrait photography! I've been using this for my current project about the English and how we live, the negatives are amazing quality when scanned in and it is an exciting piece of kit to use. 

I can't lie, it is a very hefty piece of kit, especially when you have a tripod, lenses and a digital SLR to cart round... but it does make me feel like a legitimate photographer rather than someone who just sees a photo and takes a snapshot of it on their phone. Cameras like the Mamyia take time to use, they make you focus on creating the perfect shot, that's one of the reasons why I love these cameras so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment