Thursday 8 December 2011

Kitchen Flowers. 8th December.


Every kitchen, at some time in its history, has had a bunch of flowers in it. I don't really know why flowers seem to be found in the kitchen, maybe it's because they are seen as refreshing and relaxing items which may relieve a little bit of the chore that cooking could be to some people, maybe it's just practical and the fact is that the flowers are near to the water tap so they can be easily refreshed, maybe it's just because they might be a nice table decoration when there is no food on the table... it's not a life changing question, but it's a little quirky way which we choose to live our life in the British culture.

In other news, I developed the film from my Electric Landscape project today, I was doing a test shoot with my Holga camera, I was not impressed with the results so I am currently working out what will be the best way to move this project forward. I might stay with 6x6 square landscapes and shoot with a Bronica, or I might go totally opposite and shoot Digitally as this would give a fine art twist to the project show how I as a photographer rely on the electricity which the pylons bring to fuel what I do. I have much deliberating and more research to do until I decide how to move the project forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment