Monday 21 January 2013

London: Trains, D&AD, Cartier-Bresson & Tim Walker, and a few street photos. 21st January.



Today was a London day, although I spent a large chunk of today travelling to-from London due to the snow! (Hence the glorious train/landscape-through-window photos!).

The main reason of the trip was to be interviewed by D&AD for a video about GradAcad, so my first stop was D&AD HQ where this piece of street art can be found, any "The Apprentice" fans should recognise it. The interview went well and I'll post it when it goes up.


I then headed over to Somerset house, to look at the "A Question of Colour" exhibition, inspired by Henri Cartier-Bresson and featuring many amazing street photographers. Tim Walker also had an exhibition which felt slightly Alice in Wonderland-esq, it was very creative and slightly creepy with a Massive Doll hiding in the corner of the last room.


I was always going to take some street photos, but the Cartier-Bresson exhibition inspired me to think more about composition and elements within the photographs.. here's a few photos from today:








No comments:

Post a Comment