Monday 30 April 2012

D&AD Nominee and a Video.


Today was the day that the Nominees and Best of Year winners were announced for the D&AD Student Awards, this is a prestigious competition which has categories covering Advertising, Design, and Photography. I created a photographic series called Façade (To view the series go to this link: http://www.ruthjones.org/#!Facade|c1eax). Now the Nominations have been announced I can reveal that I have been 1 of 5 photographers who have a chance of winning the Photographic category, the prize for this competition would be for my to have my work published in Rankin's Hunger magazine, a great opportunity as his magazine is full of high quality photography. As a Nominee my work will be exhibited at the New Blood festival in London, this runs from the 25th-29th of June. I am very excited about this and I will keep you updated with every step I take on this exciting journey!





In other news I decided to shoot and edit a short film today, it isn't amazing... but I thought I'd have a go with the DSLR and see what it can do, I quite enjoyed filming and editing the piece... so look out for more films in the future...

s

No comments:

Post a Comment