Monday 6 February 2012

Willow the street dog. 6th January.


This dog, Willow, is owned by a Big Issue seller who is now a well known face of Peterborough. Whilst walking through the streets of the city I noticed that his dog was wearing a hat to keep her from getting cold. I had a little chat with the man and photographed his dog, it was definitely a great part of today.

I also had a portfolio printing session today, I shoot mostly digitally at the moment, a lot of my time with my photographs is spent looking at them on the screen. But today as I was printing them out my love for photographic prints was reignited, prints hold your attention longer and the fact that they are physical objects mean that you can look into them and study the aspects of the photographs in greater depth. I love prints and do not think that digital copies of them would ever take over the beauty of a print.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree; nothing beats holding a physical print (digitally printed or darkroom produced) and just looking at the photograph as a print, rather than on screen.

    ReplyDelete