Monday 11 November 2013

Mamiya vs Holga - Skegness off Season

Mamiya RZ-67
Holga 120N

I own two very different medium format cameras; a high-end Mamiya RZ-67 that is used by professionals and known for it's high quality sharp and crisp images, and a Holga.. a plastic toy camera well known for it's soft, vignetted, "lomo" images.

I recently got negatives from both developed, the Mamiya ones being from my last shoot in Skegness and the Holga's being from a trip to wales... I was surprised at how much I fell in love with the Holga's images, it's imperfections bought so much character and mood to the photographs. Seeing the two different sets of negatives challenged me on my choice of camera for this project, and I am now considering taking my Holga on my next trip to Skeggy to see if it is a good choice to swap to this toy camera for the project.

Thanks to IdeasTap for funding this project with the IdeasFund


No comments:

Post a Comment