Sunday 27 October 2013

Skegness Off Season. Shoot 1.




I've been in Skegness today, fighting the sand filled wind so that I could finally make a start on my Off Season project - a photo documentary (with a multimedia video twist), that explores the very popular Seaside Resort in it's winter months.

Skegness receives over 4million visitors each year, that generates over £480million in tourism.. yet it has some of the most severely deprived costal communities in the UK. (BBC) By going in the winter I want to dig past the summer holidays facade it often holds up, I want to understand what Skegness if really like.

Today's shoot went well, I've only been once before.. but it is a town I am very familiar with as many of my friends visited Skeggy on holidays and day trips. From my visit today I have been able to understand how I can go about creating a strong documentary piece, and I am very excited to step into this project and explore Skegness underneath the facade. 

Thanks to IdeasTap for funding this project with the IdeasFund

No comments:

Post a Comment